Tabletop Board and Card Games Thread

goldenphoenix

Re: Tabletop Board and Card Games Thread

Post by goldenphoenix » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:32 pm

Amazon has some pretty great deals on board games today.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_1604366 ... 6043664011
Sophia

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:34 pm

I'm glad I bought them on Small Business Saturday at my local game shop to support that place, but OUCH seeing those discounts on the two games we bought is hard on the wallet. Ah well! Still happy I supported the local place. :)

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:25 am

I glanced at that link and there are some things I want to take advantage of… but I won't. I am trying to be incredibly conservative on my spending right now. I've even calculated a 'daily allowance' for myself which luckily recalculates as we near the next paycheck and when I put things in terms of this I am able to more strongly fight urges to cave on purchases. Having said that I did toss five bucks down on some Animal Crossing cards from that Welcome set.

I hope to get at least one new game this year. I truly love receiving and playing new games. If I get that new Ticket To Ride, my Christmas is made (from a receiving standpoint).

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:07 am

In further Fantasy Flight/Asmodee news they are now charging $5 per new scenario on the app for Mansions of Madness 2nd edition. Basically you are paying a premium to buy the board game (80-90 dollars) with the justification that the app runs the game (1st edition it was one person as the keeper/bad guy vs everything else), and it only came with 4 scenarios (original edition had 5). So now they have the gall to charge $5 per scenario on a board game that is already overpriced to "pay for the app". So yeah, you heard it here first everyone, physical board games now have paid DLC lol.
Sophia

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

That makes me sick! Ugh! I hate to have reasons to feel like games should fail but this is an experiment that shouldn't succeed.

In other TableTop news, I am currently downloading my new copy of TableTop Simulator for Steam. It's literally just a physics engine for tabletop gaming but so many folks have put in free hours to make free 'DLC' in the Steam Workshop. Lots of boardgames are represented in pretty honest fashion. I'm hoping to try some of these, particularly the ones I don't own in real life. However it's wild because with the right assets you could recreate damn near anything.

Not that it would replace honest to goodness tabletop gaming but it's neat for a few games and reasons.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:37 am

BanjosBackpack wrote:That makes me sick! Ugh! I hate to have reasons to feel like games should fail but this is an experiment that shouldn't succeed.

In other TableTop news, I am currently downloading my new copy of TableTop Simulator for Steam. It's literally just a physics engine for tabletop gaming but so many folks have put in free hours to make free 'DLC' in the Steam Workshop. Lots of boardgames are represented in pretty honest fashion. I'm hoping to try some of these, particularly the ones I don't own in real life. However it's wild because with the right assets you could recreate damn near anything.

Not that it would replace honest to goodness tabletop gaming but it's neat for a few games and reasons.
I have Tabletop simulator, haven't really had a chance to play around with it much but from what I've seen people have done some impressive stuff, including more complex games like Eldritch Horror which has a ton of different cards and moving parts.
Sophia

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:11 am

DLC in board games! I shake my fist(and roll dice) at you!

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:08 am

I might have to boot up TableTop Simulator tonight and see if any new games released. That said, I have only bought one new board game this year.

Tokaido!

I love it. I want to play more of it. I wish I could put on a weekly gaming night with friends. It's hard the way my schedule is with Erika, and doubly so this summer.

I have a ton of TableTop episodes on YouTube to watch. Anyone caught up with the season? Any gems I should be looking at?

And @goldenphoenix, have you been gaming at all lately?

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:19 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:08 am
I might have to boot up TableTop Simulator tonight and see if any new games released. That said, I have only bought one new board game this year.

Tokaido!

I love it. I want to play more of it. I wish I could put on a weekly gaming night with friends. It's hard the way my schedule is with Erika, and doubly so this summer.

I have a ton of TableTop episodes on YouTube to watch. Anyone caught up with the season? Any gems I should be looking at?

I wish I could say I have but lately I've been in a pretty bad place emotionally and have been having trouble enjoying much of anything anymore. Zelda is about the only thing I have enjoyed and a movie here and there, but that is pretty much it.
Sophia

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:38 pm

goldenphoenix wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:19 pm
BanjosBackpack wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:08 am

Tokaido!

I wish I could say I have but lately I've been in a pretty bad place emotionally and have been having trouble enjoying much of anything anymore. Zelda is about the only thing I have enjoyed and a movie here and there, but that is pretty much it.
Bummer to hear that Golden. Wish things were looking up. Have you in the past ever played Codenames Pictures? I just bought it finally. Not sure when I'll get to play it though. Maybe next weekend.