Yooka-Laylee: Official Discussion Thread

JK Riki

Re: Yooka-Laylee: Official Discussion Thread

Post by JK Riki » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Oh! Great call. I want to do Secret Santa again, that was fun.

But, uh, I don't know what I'd give that person whoever they are! COUGH COUGH. It could be anything. Don't read what Banjo wrote above.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:48 am

Picked up Yooka Laylee for PS4 today since it was only $13 on the PSN store.
Sophia

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:26 pm

It's definitely worth that, IMO

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 pm

I've attempted to play a few times and while I do enjoy the game, there is just something throwing me off about it, not sure if it is the controls, the level design or maybe both. It has flashes of greatness though within it, but there is just something off to me. I don't regret getting it for $13 though. Maybe it wasn't smart to go from Undertale to it so quickly.
Sophia

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:26 pm

goldenphoenix wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:48 am
Picked up Yooka-Laylee for PS4 today since it was only $13 on the PSN store.
Yeah, this is pretty much what stopped me from buying it on Switch (I've also seen the PS4 disc for $12). I thought about it, but then I saw the $40 price tag on Switch and I was like "nope nope nope."

I'm also unclear if there will be a physical release on Switch, so I'll see how that goes.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am

I am one world and the hub world away from 100%ing this game. However I am not feeling great about it.

Yooka-Laylee seems to be a fun explorative platformer that can get bogged down with how tedious almost all 'mini-games' are. For me anyway. The Kartos challenges are more trouble than fun and the Rextros Arcade stuff is almost loathe-worthy. Still, the rest of the game is generally fun and the music is really good. So I'm still trying to give it my all anyway. Only one more of both those Kartos and Rextro things to deal with now.

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:29 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am
I am one world and the hub world away from 100%ing this game. However I am not feeling great about it.
I let my wife play Yooka Laylee first since she really enjoyed Banjo Kazooie and I play a lot more games than she does.

While she liked somethings, it didn't hold her attention too long. Something just didn't feel right. Didn't have that BK magic.

We haven't played since the massive update so we'll probably give it another go soon.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:04 am

It's worth playing. But a major tip for fun might be to not give much attention to the minigames or rextro if you have trouble with them. To beat the game you only need 69% of the pagies. So these are skippable to reach the end.

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:18 am

My wife is usually the one to try to 100% more than I do. I could see her skipping though if the minigames turn her off.