Hey! Pikmin
NEW 2DS XL
Pikmin amiibo

....I am very irresponsible with my money. :(

JK Riki

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by JK Riki » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:35 pm

@Grant Well at least you're honest and aware of it! :P

And it also kind of depends how often you spend like that, and total income vs. responsibilities, etc. The extremism of "never spend any money on fun things" isn't probably the way to go. Just have to find balance.

I am almost done inking my Pearl fan art, and figured I'd share it here as well. Going to color it next. But maybe tomorrow, my eyes are tired.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Sorry for being absent for awhile, a lot has happened this past month. To begin it was the 2 year anniversary of my grandpa dieing who was basically my father since him and my grandma raised me from the age of 8 to adult hood. Then to top it off I was informed that I have roughly 30 days left of my job of 10 years since the new database they putting up will automate what I currently do. This is pretty terrifying since I have extremely limited mobility and on top of that since I was misclassified as an independent contractor all these years I am not eligible for unemployment.

Since we only have two vehicles and my fiancee needs to take the car to work every day, we had no choice but to get another vehicle via financing since we don't have near the money to get a dependable car outright. All of this is in hopes I can get a job and keep up with car payments. It is a risk but one I had to take since riding public transportation is not an option for me.
Sophia

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 am

Bummer to hear this Golden. It's cliche but I gotta say hang in there and stay hopeful. You'll get through this.

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:39 pm

@GDG

I also got a New 2DS XL!! How do you like it? As with most hardware refreshes, there are many things I love about it and a few things I strongly dislike. Let's discuss them somewhere! Here? Maybe.

@JK

That art looks great, dude!

@GP

I feel like you always get a rain cloud following you around. Anything we can do to brighten things up?

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Sorry to hear about this gp :(

Automation's supposed to make life better, but it really should be better for everyone.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:58 am

NinSage wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:39 pm

@GP

I feel like you always get a rain cloud following you around. Anything we can do to brighten things up?
Yeah, let us know!

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 am

Thanks everyone, I'm doing my best, been applying to 8-10 jobs a day. My 10+ years experience that encompasses everything from database manager to shipping coordination to customer service management to assistant manager duties has to count for something even if it is for the same company.
Sophia

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 pm

"The System Files Are Corrupted. Please refer to the Wii operations manual for troubleshooting."

This message is so frustrating to read EACH AND EVERY TIME I boot up Wii Mode on my Wii U. :evil:
goldenphoenix wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 am
My 10+ years experience that encompasses everything from database manager to shipping coordination to customer service management to assistant manager duties has to count for something even if it is for the same company.
You're doing it right. Gotta treat getting a job like a job in and of itself. It's also funny...years ago it was seen as a GOOD thing that you would be employed at the same company for a long period of time. For some reason (I don't know what reason that is) it is now looked down upon if you do not jump around to different jobs at different companies.

I'm not sure how that makes sense, but there you have it. Best of luck to you!

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm

GameDadGrant wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 pm
For some reason (I don't know what reason that is) it is now looked down upon if you do not jump around to different jobs at different companies.
Hmm... the "gig economy" :/