Happenings of the Day

BanjosBackpack

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by BanjosBackpack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

I think that's pretty true these days. Staying at the same place isn't like it used to be. I've been doing my job for like 3-4 years now and even I worry if I look bad or stagnant or whatever. I'm kicking ass at my job though still trying to get better. Why isn't that enough? Or is it?

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:18 pm

I think it is okay so long as you stay at the job you have. It only could become a "problem" when you go out looking for another job, and your new potential employer sees that you've stayed at the same job for a while on your resume.

I would assume that varies from employer to employer, of course.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:02 am

Just a friendly reminder that you should all renew your PokeBank if you need to! I had one day left! I can't lose my progress when I don't have my Living Dex yet! I'll be happy to keep working on that endeavor once I get a new 3DS. I hope that SNES-style one comes to the US. I won't be able to resist that one.

BeautifulShy

Post by BeautifulShy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Yesterday I had surgery to correct my deviated septum. Surgery I am told went well so I just have to take things day by day. I have a post op follow up tomorrow afternoon to see how things went. So I just have to have some R&R today.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Glad to hear it went well, BeautifulShy! Enjoy the rest, and hope you're feeling 100% soon.

BeautifulShy

Post by BeautifulShy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks JK for the well wishes.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Was wondering how you were doing BeautifulShy. Glad to hear it went well too. :)

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Great to hear things are going well with that BeautifulShy!

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:25 pm

I'm a stock trader now. I bought some of the Apple Stocks and some Dollar General Stocks. I also set a limit order (whatever that is) on some Tech company stock in Florida. Hooray!

In other news, if anyone here has a place I can stay once I inevitably go bankrupt from trying this stock trading thing, let me know. I'm going to collect cardboard boxes in the meantime as a backup plan.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:46 am

So as an update I still have my job and haven't heard anything about the new database, so I have no idea what is going on. Doesn't matter though I am actively seeking a new job, and on that front this coming Wednesday at 9am I have a Group Interview for a State Government position (it is an office assistant one) that I really REALLY want to get since it comes with great benefits, a substantial pay raise from what I am making now and above all else job security along with a way to move up the ladder in the future.
Sophia