Happenings of the Day

BanjosBackpack

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:32 am

Good Luck GP!

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:02 am

Yeah best of luck to both of you jk and gp!

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Good luck on the job interview, goldenphoenix!

As for me and my entry into stock trading, it has been interesting. The tech stock I put a limit purchase on didn't meet the limit before closing, so it was cancelled. 30 seconds later the company announced losses and the stock PLUMMETED 25%. Phew!

And then I bought it (buy low, right?) and it dropped some more. But at least I only lost like $6 instead of 100! And now I will wait for the slow climb (hopefully) back up to where I will sell it for a small profit. I'm enjoying the HECK out of this experience. It's like a game, but with terrifying consequences that actually mean something! (So... like an NES game.) I even made a spreadsheet to keep track of things. A SPREADSHEET! That's not something I do!

PS. If anyone is interested in some light stock trading, send me a PM because I can give you a referral link to this free-to-trade app (aka no fees to buy or sell) and then you and I both get one share of a random stock for free. Even more like a game! :P

EDIT: Here's the app, it's called Robin Hood. It's bare bones, but again, no fees. But that's not the referral link, so if you DO want to sign up, again just PM me and I'll send the referral so we both get the freebie.

Lithium

Post by Lithium » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:26 am

JK Riki wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 pm
As for me and my entry into stock trading, it has been interesting. The tech stock I put a limit purchase on didn't meet the limit before closing, so it was cancelled. 30 seconds later the company announced losses and the stock PLUMMETED 25%. Phew!

And then I bought it (buy low, right?) and it dropped some more. But at least I only lost like $6 instead of 100! And now I will wait for the slow climb (hopefully) back up to where I will sell it for a small profit. I'm enjoying the HECK out of this experience. It's like a game, but with terrifying consequences that actually mean something! (So... like an NES game.) I even made a spreadsheet to keep track of things. A SPREADSHEET! That's not something I do!
you will probably enjoy this book now that you're getting into markets, JK Rikki: https://www.amazon.com/Fooled-Randomnes ... B006Q7VYC4

This isn't a book about how to trade, it's about chance. The author comes across as a bit of an elitist, but if you can look past that there's some good ideas.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Best of luck JK, I've thought about stock trading before but it is too risky for me unless I invested in "safe" stocks but even that would be too risky for me lol.
Sophia

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Lithium wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:26 am
you will probably enjoy this book now that you're getting into markets, JK Rikki: https://www.amazon.com/Fooled-Randomnes ... B006Q7VYC4

This isn't a book about how to trade, it's about chance. The author comes across as a bit of an elitist, but if you can look past that there's some good ideas.
Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks!

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Seems like a bit of a lull around these parts, but I suppose that's just the end-of-summer time! Hope all is well with everyone.

I am currently hopefully on the road to recovery from a bout of dizziness (that seems to crop up now and then at this point, so I guess it will be one of those ailments till I die) and have a cold. Otherwise, all good! Very good, actually, as I'm working on some major life-alterations that will hopefully bring me out the other side as a better human being and help to my fellow man. We shall see. It's monstrously hard, but most of the important things in life are, so I'm keeping at it in the hopes that it gets a LITTLE easier as I go.

Other than that, haven't been able to use the computer much because of the dizziness, and it kind of cured my addiction to Twitter because I haven't been on it much and find that after the cold sweats of the first week, I don't really miss it. I miss like four people there, but that's all. So maybe once I'm back to "normal" I'll re-evaluate and say goodbye to Twitter for a while, as I have with most other social media. (I'm quite tempted to outright delete my FB account, because I hate that place every time I stop by... Hmm...)

What's new with y'all?

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Hey JK. Hope you don't find this place to be a bad habit :) September is kind of a weird month. There's something in the air that makes me think of self-improvement as well. I'm not sure why that is, but it could have something to do with it being the month of school starting and the teacher saying every year "Ye're in (whatever grade) now so it's time to cop on!". But that's weird too because school was a long time ago.

Other than that, it's blackberry season. :D

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Ha ha, nah, this place is one of my GOOD Internet habits! :D So friendly and positive around here.

I didn't realize blackberry season was so late! I guess I always think of berries as happening in the late spring. When we were in Maine this summer it was Blueberry everything all over the place. They seem to go crazy for blueberries there.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 am

So still no new job but my present job is still chugging along, haven't heard one thing about the new database and so far it is almost 30 days past when they said it would be installed. Works for me lol.
Sophia