Happenings of the Day

GameDadGrant

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by GameDadGrant » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 pm

It's officially the first day of fall! And yet it is a sweltering 90 degrees Fahrenheit! The hottest day we've had here in the Detroit area all summer! What.

Strange to be this hot, wearing shorts and t-shirts (or no shirt) and yet see Halloween stuff on display in stores and such, and leaves changing colors outside.

I'm so over summer. Bring on the fall, and much cooler weather! :D

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:52 pm

We went to Zoo Brew at the Detroit Zoo last night. It was really nice as always but because of the sweltering heat it honestly was the worst weather we've had for a Zoo Brew. Weather is changing. It's a weird one.

I love the Fall so I am pleased to see us enter this time of year. Decorating the house, the holidays, cooler temps, cozy clothes, all that good stuff. But now... I need to get my garage cleaned out and the outside chores finished before it's too cold to do anything. I can't make the same mistake I did last year for my garage where it was useless in the winter due to all the stuff inside.

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:43 pm

I went to work late in the evening yesterday it was 88, I left 5 hours later and it was around 61. The high won't get much higher than that today. I'm not going to guess that the hot weather is over but definitely feels like a ND September.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 am

Gonna take advantage of the summer heat while we can; gonna take the wife and kids to the lake today. I'm thinking of it as a "last hurrah" for the summer. Then get ready to dive into fall proper. It's supposed to cool down a lot next week, so I can't wait!

Speaking of fall (and fall activities) what do everyone here like to do during this season? Cider mills? Pumpkin patch? Raking leaves? (lulz) Any plans for Halloween?

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Leaves... so many leaves already... :shock:

This autumn I just hope goes well. There's the Mario RPG remake and Odyssey next month. I'm also thinking about one of my favourite games this year, Night In The Woods. It's got a very autumnal aesthetic and it has such a good story. I didn't play it myself but I watched Let's Players and found it really compelling.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Mario RPG remake?

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:19 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm
Mario RPG remake?
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 pm

GameDadGrant wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 am
Speaking of fall (and fall activities) what do everyone here like to do during this season? Cider mills? Pumpkin patch? Raking leaves? (lulz) Any plans for Halloween?
I split my time between lamenting the departure of summer and anxiously anticipating winter's arrival. ;)

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 am

Ah yes, yes. Not the Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars remake but an actual 'mario rpg remake'. Enjoy it! This one isn't on my radar.

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:54 pm

JK Riki wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 pm
I split my time between lamenting the departure of summer and anxiously anticipating winter's arrival. ;)
This is typically where one would insert pic of Game of Thrones "Prepare yourselves. Winter is coming." right?

Ah, internet culture. You sassy beast.