Happenings of the Day

GameDadGrant

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by GameDadGrant » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:51 pm

I just realized that there hasn't been a new Castlevania game since 2014. And not a "true" and proper entry in that franchise since 2009. That made me feel kinda sad.

How much longer until Bloodstained comes out...?

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:01 am

I miss the GBA-style Castlevania games so much. I might go try to pick one up and replay it. Are any available on the 3DS VC?

EDIT: This is pretty fun, if you want a light-hearted version to scratch that particular itch!

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 am

So how was everyone's holiday (whether US or not)?

Mine was pretty solid. Nice time with Erika on Thanksgiving Day. Then we had a belated Thanksgiving with the family on Friday. The weekend was nice but Sunday was a bit weird. I felt out of place for the day, as peculiar a feeling as that is. Later that evening I learned my family cat (at my parent's house) Josie, had passed away. She was recently ill and she was over 13 years old but it's still somber of course.

Today, first day back at work since Wednesday, went less stressfully than I expected but I made some silly mistakes that were definitely "monday brain" in action. Tomorrow I'm doing some half-day training for something I can't even remember what it's for. Ah well.

@JK

How far did you ever get through Snipperclips?

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:51 pm

@Banjo

Twas a good holiday here. I got the flu the week BEFORE, so I was (for once) not sick on Thanksgiving. Seems like I'm often sick for that holiday... Anyway, good times all around though Black Friday was exhausting because my mother-in-law wanted to go a lot of places and doesn't currently have a car so I was the driver for the day. The mall is madness on Black Friday, not a fan! No chairs to be had anywhere, it's like people show up at 6AM just to claim the seats that are all around the building, lol. I did get a toaster at least, after probably 10 years of not having a toaster. I miss toast.

Sorry to hear about your cat, that's never a fun time.

As for Snipperclips, we kept waiting for certain friends to play 4 player so we never actually got all that far! My wife insists "next time we get together we'll play" and then it rarely happens. At some point I'm going to have to just put my foot down and have the two of us go through it without those others! Of course, with Xenoblade 2 coming in a few short days, there's no real rush. That will consume our playing time together for a long time, I imagine.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Sorry about your family's cat Banjo :(

The GBA Castlevanias are on the Wii U VC JK but not 3DS.

Just a normal day over here and kinda wish it was more normal. Big store chains were still trying to do the Black Friday thing.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:33 pm

@Rocket Ah okay, thanks. I packed up my Wii U, so I guess I'll wait to see if there's ever a Switch VC (though at this point I'm thinking maybe there won't be...).

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 am

Man there had better be VC on Switch.

Switch VC or riot.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Yeah I'm really amazed we haven't heard anything about the VC. When do we think that ball will finally drop?

As for my cat Josie, thanks for the well wishes and condolences.

Hope many of you enjoy some Xenoblade 2 today! I might pop in XCX today. It's one of my games I wanted to finish this year.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm

I think we will either hear about Switch VC at the same time as the official Nintendo Online Whatever releases (the paid one) OR we will never hear about Switch VC because it won't happen because the money-making-cash-cow of those little mini systems.

If it's the second thing, let me know when you want to riot, Grant. I will get my pitchfork out of the closet. It's been in there a while, probably rusty, which will make it more intimidating.

What do you guys think? It seems like the clock is ticking, and the longer we hear nothing (not even "It's coming") the less likely it is to happen at all...

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:12 pm

That's my take too. It'll be either at the turn of the year with Nintendo Online, or just not at all.