Happenings of the Day

goldenphoenix

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by goldenphoenix » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:41 pm

It is kind of funny, in college I took a course where you were required to develop a business plan, and I chose to do one for a Handheld/Mobile gaming developer.
Sophia

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:00 am

Well, about a week left till Christmas and I'm no where near ready. I don't remember the last time I was this unprepared a week before! (Usually I DO wait until "the last minute" but this feels extra rushed for some reason, maybe because it falls on a Monday or something.) How's everyone else's holiday season going?

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Same here JK. I'm so unprepared and still have presents to buy. Aaah :shock:

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm

We'll get it done, Rocket!

I was excited to find a local print shop that was able to do a book printing for me in just one day. I missed my deadline to get it done online so I could give it to my mother as a gift, and it worked out because I found an amazing new print shop a few miles away that I will absolutely be a repeat customer of now. They were amazingly helpful and friendly! Woo procrastination!

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 pm

JK Riki wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm
We'll get it done, Rocket!
Almost completely done now! Things are more under control and on schedule! I'm looking forward to using my Space Invaders wrapping paper :)

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Well today is officially my wife's last day at the office, and then it's Holidays, a friend's wedding, and a few weeks off before moving on to making games full time! I have to admit, I didn't expect to be emotional about it. But I guess after 13 years, even I got attached to a lot of her coworkers. (The good news is we're still only 10 minutes away, so if we want to we can meet them for lunch even after she leaves the company.)

It's a bittersweet kind of day, I suppose. It doesn't help that I ate a bunch of leftover nutroll that contained 7 sticks of margarine and now feel sick, either.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:46 am

JK Riki wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:20 pm
Well today is officially my wife's last day at the office, and then it's Holidays, a friend's wedding, and a few weeks off before moving on to making games full time! I have to admit, I didn't expect to be emotional about it. But I guess after 13 years, even I got attached to a lot of her coworkers. (The good news is we're still only 10 minutes away, so if we want to we can meet them for lunch even after she leaves the company.)

It's a bittersweet kind of day, I suppose. It doesn't help that I ate a bunch of leftover nutroll that contained 7 sticks of margarine and now feel sick, either.

Best of luck, I'd be worried if you two weren't emotional about things, not just the change but taking a risk like this!

Had to look up nutrol, don't believe I ever had that before, I may have to try it now lol.
Sophia

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Presents wrapped! Had to call game over on that Space Invaders wrapping paper though. It was a fresh roll and I still had to buy extra.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:16 pm

goldenphoenix wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:46 am

Had to look up nutrol, don't believe I ever had that before, I may have to try it now lol.
Make sure you get a good one, though. There are two kinds of nutrolls, one type is dry and bland and the other has so much butter and nut filling that it is probably going to kill you, but it is amazing.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!

I had a nice couple of days in Indiana but now I'll about to drive through snow covered roads back home. Yeesh.