Happenings of the Day

JK Riki

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by JK Riki » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Twitter "upgraded" so that everyone can now post up to 280 characters, rather than 140. I dislike this greatly, and here is why: The culture behind the limitations of Twitter force the user into a particular mindset. That mindset it broken with this increase in characters. The very culture of Twitter will now change. Whether that is for the better or worse, I do not know (nor really care) but it will no longer be what it was, and I, personally, liked what it was. That's one of the reasons I USED Twitter. Now it is one step closer to Facebook, and there's a reason (many) why I almost never visit my Facebook account.

Anyway, in the grand scheme this is rather meaningless, but I felt like saying something about it and this seemed a good place. :P Have a great day everyone!

tofufury

Post by tofufury » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 am

I hear you JK. I don't plan on using all 280 characters now, but I'm glad that I can finish a tweet without leaving a few words or punctuation out to complete my thoughts. Still, I wish they wouldn't have upgraded the limit.
Check out my new novel The Seekers and the Hidden on amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Seekers-Hidden-C ... oks&sr=1-1

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:03 pm

I haven't used the full 280 all willy nilly. Mostly just to be more complete and clear what I said. It is nice not having to edit/truncate what I said makes things more readable.

Also it has made The Simpsons Quotes Twitter I follow even better.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Someone used their 280 characters to quote one of Coach McGuirk's monologues from Home Movies and now I'm having a marathon of the whole series. (What is this power?)

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Finally feeling better after the flu. This year's flu is no joke (or maybe I'm just getting old) so get the flu shot, people! It's not worth taking the chance! I was wrecked for days and days, could barely move.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Hope you have a terrific day.

tofufury

Post by tofufury » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:48 am

Thanks J.K., and hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well!
Check out my new novel The Seekers and the Hidden on amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Seekers-Hidden-C ... oks&sr=1-1

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Yep, good times here. And Black Friday was tiring, but fun. My mother-in-law recently bought a new house so she needed a lot of stuff, so we were out all day Friday. Also I managed to steal away for a few minutes to Toys R Us where Animal Crossing amiibo were buy 1 get 3 free. Normally I wouldn't cave but a one to three ratio?! It was simply too much for my poor willpower, ha ha. For like 14 bucks I got eight amiibo. Just can't beat that...

Mostly I was good and didn't spend any money though. Gotta save it for upcoming projects!

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Went to a masseuse this morning for a full body deep tissue massage. Feeling relatively good now. Don't think my lower back has felt this good in a long while.

Also the copies of Outlast Trinity and Spider-Man Homecoming I bought for sale on Black Friday came in today. So huzzah there.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:42 pm

I love massages. Wish they weren't so dang expensive. Also it would be amazing if Insurance covered them, because like you said, you feel so much better after. This is an actual honest-to-goodness health thing. But it's not drugs in a little pill bottle, so our system won't cover it. :/

Anyway, glad you are feeling tip top! :)