Happenings of the Day

JK Riki

Re: Happenings of the Day

Post by JK Riki » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Twitter "upgraded" so that everyone can now post up to 280 characters, rather than 140. I dislike this greatly, and here is why: The culture behind the limitations of Twitter force the user into a particular mindset. That mindset it broken with this increase in characters. The very culture of Twitter will now change. Whether that is for the better or worse, I do not know (nor really care) but it will no longer be what it was, and I, personally, liked what it was. That's one of the reasons I USED Twitter. Now it is one step closer to Facebook, and there's a reason (many) why I almost never visit my Facebook account.

Anyway, in the grand scheme this is rather meaningless, but I felt like saying something about it and this seemed a good place. :P Have a great day everyone!

tofufury

Post by tofufury » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 am

I hear you JK. I don't plan on using all 280 characters now, but I'm glad that I can finish a tweet without leaving a few words or punctuation out to complete my thoughts. Still, I wish they wouldn't have upgraded the limit.
Check out my new novel The Seekers and the Hidden on amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Seekers-Hidden-C ... oks&sr=1-1

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:03 pm

I haven't used the full 280 all willy nilly. Mostly just to be more complete and clear what I said. It is nice not having to edit/truncate what I said makes things more readable.

Also it has made The Simpsons Quotes Twitter I follow even better.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Someone used their 280 characters to quote one of Coach McGuirk's monologues from Home Movies and now I'm having a marathon of the whole series. (What is this power?)

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Finally feeling better after the flu. This year's flu is no joke (or maybe I'm just getting old) so get the flu shot, people! It's not worth taking the chance! I was wrecked for days and days, could barely move.