[Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

chrisbg99

[Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

Post by chrisbg99 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:32 pm

If you haven't guessed this is the replacement thread for ye olde thread of now playing. I went with a lame youtube reference because I'm hip like that.

So whatcha playing?

I got Kirby: Planet Robobot yesterday and plowed through the first world. Lovely, wonderful game.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

JK Riki

Re: [Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

Post by JK Riki » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Been enjoying Rocksmith 2014 with the new guitar! Also I suck at Rocksmith 2014 and guitar. :P

Oh well, it's kind of nice to be playing a video game and know I am also building a real world skill I will use outside of video games. So that's pretty cool!

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Uh, Splatoon. Duh. lol

But I'm almost done maxing out my gear the best I can. I need more gold or Sea Snails to keep expanding what's left, and I'm nearly at Level 50. So I think I'll just max it out and wait for the next Splatfest. Sounds crazy but I think once there's nothing for me to 'achieve' in the game, I'll be able to drag myself away.

I really want to play the following games…

The Walking Dead: Michonne
Shovel Knight: Plague Knight's Quest (or whatever it's called)
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

So I might start one of those this weekend.

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:19 am

I love the thread title! I used to love Hey Ash, Whacha Playin'. Haven't watched it in a while. Reasons.

Currently playing....

1. Final Fantasy Explorers

What can I say? I haven't run out of fun things to do yet!

2. Pokemon Blue

This is the 3DS version and I'm doing a Nuzlocke challenge! For those unaware, just Google "Nuzlocke rules" to get a gist of the guidelines. It's basically just a way to make the games more challenging, organic, and fresh if you've played a lot of the games before. The interesting bit for me is doing a Nuzlocke on a game I've technically never played before! Got wiped out real early on because of a surprise battle with my rival. It's very exciting but sometimes frustrating. Cannot wait to get that Exp Share item. I never liked the standard Pokemon technique of putting a weak Mon in slot 1 and then switching them out.

3. Twilight Princess HD

Amy and I just beat this a few minutes ago. Outstanding game. We didn't use a walkthrough so we missed a few things in rather boneheaded fashion. Totally missed one Howling Stone that was completely obvious (Upper Zora's River) and completely missed the Hawkeye item which was for sale at Malo Mart in Kakariko Village. I LOVE sniping in games so I really wish I'd had that throughout the game.

So, now we're basically at 100%. The only thing we haven't done is the Cave of Shadows challenge that activates with the Wolf Link Amiibo. We got near the end of it and died. It was frustrating because you can't switch to human Link and you can't use any items including the bottled ones that restore life. But, maybe I'll do it again sometime just to get that official 100%. Otherwise, we'll be ready to move on to some other game together soon!

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:58 am

This was your first time through Twilight Princess?!?

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Been playing:

1. God of War 3 Remastered: Good game, well paced. I enjoyed the previous games (big fan of greek mythology).

2. Mortal Kombat XL: Have barely played this since I got it but it is a fun fighting game, been so long since I played a Mortal Kombat game

Will likely play soon:

Uncharted 4: Received this in the mail and I am looking forward to playing it. I finished Uncharted 2 and 3 within 2 weeks of each other (I think I prefer Uncharted 2) a couple weeks ago.
Sophia

OmegaMetroid93

Post by OmegaMetroid93 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:59 pm

I've been going through Trails of Cold Steel for quite a while now. It's a very long game, but I'm enjoying it more and more the more I play. The world-building and lore is so crazy good, that I don't think I've seen anything like it outside of perhaps Dark Souls, but even then, it's more about how it's presented than the actual lore and world itself.

Speaking of which, I finished Dark Souls 3 a while back, and it's my favourite in the series. It just felt way more polished, and while the number of bosses was less than the other games, the result was that they were (for the most part) much better, and more fun, with many of them having multiple stages to them. Extremely good game.

I also recently (as in a couple of days ago) started playing the first Fire Emblem game in the form of the remake included with Fire Emblem 3. It's really nice to see the early stages of the series, and the level design holds up very, very well. It's also not as difficult as I thought it'd be, considering it's an older Fire Emblem game. Overall, I'm having a ton of fun with it, even if Fire Emblem is the type of game I can only play about one or two chapters at a time.

Finally, I got my hands on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, which is the remake of the PS2 game. And I have to say, it shattered my expectations completely. The story is kind of a storybook/fairytale type of thing. It feels very classic, and I appreciate that. The gameplay has been overhauled quite a bit, now playing more like Muramasa on Wii/Vita. It's also got a LOT more magic, and it's all extremely satisfying to use, much like the newly improved alchemy system that you can use to create flasked explosions, tornados etc.
Taking down a huge boss feels so amazing with this new combat system, and I'm really happy with what they did to it.
And this should probably go without saying, since it's Vanillaware, but the game is beyond gorgeous. Absolutely one of the best looking games I've ever seen. And it's going to stand the test of time, since it's heavily stylized. Great game, and I recommend it to anyone that likes 2D action games.

Sorry about the long post. I've had a lot going on, and I got really into writing. =P

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:52 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:This was your first time through Twilight Princess?!?
lol, no. But the last time we played the game was, what, 10 years ago? So, we forgot some stuff.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Ah okay. Just checking. I have pretty much forgotten everything but the Yeti. So I am pretty excited to dive into it when I get back from Myrtle Beach.

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:07 am

@BBP

It was so good. Since TP is my favorite Zelda game (by a smidge over SS), and this version was a big upgrade, I guess that means TPHD is my fave Zelda game ever! High praise indeed!

I'm so high on Zelda right now that after we finished TPHD we picked up where we left off with WWHD many moons ago. Who knows, maybe this time I'll finally beat the game! Never seen the ending of WW before =P

So, update to What I'm Playing ...

1. FFE
2. Pokemon Blue (nuzlocke)
3. Wind Waker HD