[Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

Rocket

Re: [Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

Post by Rocket » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Ooo. Nice one gp :) Undertale's something very special indeed. I haven't played but I watched more than one Let's Play of it and I adored it and its EarthBound influence. Did you know much about it yourself before playing?

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Rocket wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:57 pm
Ooo. Nice one gp :) Undertale's something very special indeed. I haven't played but I watched more than one Let's Play of it and I adored it and its EarthBound influence. Did you know much about it yourself before playing?
Not a lot fortunately, I knew that you could play it by killing or by finding ways to not kill enemies with each changing how the game plays by quite a bit including radically different endings. Also I knew it had a quirky sense of humor but at the same time could be quite dark. Beyond that though I didn't know much else, nothing was directly spoiled for me.
Sophia

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:31 am

Started playing FF XV. I think m going to really enjoy it. I am so far.

Also, I think it's going to take me a very long time to finish.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:47 am

I began Forma.8 again. Planning to finish it soon. However... there's 'a lot' to do before you can beat it I've come to learn. Yikes. Patience I guess. I'd just like to complete it this month so I beat it in less than a year. I bought it last Feb. Played it for a bit and then the Switch released. It's a Wii U title (for me anyway). It's on Switch now! Definitely a unique game. I recommend it. Perhaps especially on a sale.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 am

Robknoxious1 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:31 am
Started playing FF XV. I think m going to enjoy it really. I am so far.

I want to enjoy FFXV, I own it (got a great deal on the deluxe version on the PS4 store), though the issue crops up that I find in most RPGs. I have trouble reading the text in them, particularly the equipment/item info, quest info etc. which makes it super hard to enjoy games from that genre. Yeah I know that likely means I need glasses but it isn't something I can afford. I mean I also want to get Xenoblade Chronicles for Switch, but I worry the same issue will crop up. Any heavy text games that utilize HD visuals are hard to read for me (Undertale was great though, for the most part since the text was larger than most).
Sophia

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:42 pm

I've been playing Stardew Valley before bed every night. It's a great wind-down-in-bed kind of game, and I'm now enjoying it much more than when I started.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 am

JK Riki wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:42 pm
I've been playing Stardew Valley before bed every night. It's a great wind-down-in-bed kind of game, and I'm now enjoying it much more than when I started.
That's how I experienced it a lot. Plus it was good to relax with before work in the mornings. Erika also played a lot before bed. Easy to put down once you're sleepy and pick right back up later.

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:48 pm

I'm playing Final Fantasy XV right now. I've owned it for almost a year since I got it on a Buy 2 get 1 half off deal with Best Buy cards I'd gotten for Christmas 2016.

I opted to play Skyrim SE first and FF15 just seemed to huge to play right afterwards.

So far I'm loving it. I like the battle system pretty well though I'd say maybe not yet as much as Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story's battle systems.

I really like what I've seen of the game's world so far. Very beautiful in a realistic way.

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Just saw that I'd already posted about playing FF15. Sorry. Too many social media thingies. I lost track.

I decided not to delete the second post since it was more descriptive.
Last edited by Robknoxious1 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:54 pm

goldenphoenix wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 am
Robknoxious1 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:31 am
Started playing FF XV. I think m going to enjoy it really. I am so far.

I want to enjoy FFXV, I own it (got a great deal on the deluxe version on the PS4 store), though the issue crops up that I find in most RPGs. I have trouble reading the text in them, particularly the equipment/item info, quest info etc. which makes it super hard to enjoy games from that genre. Yeah I know that likely means I need glasses but it isn't something I can afford. I mean I also want to get Xenoblade Chronicles for Switch, but I worry the same issue will crop up. Any heavy text games that utilize HD visuals are hard to read for me (Undertale was great though, for the most part since the text was larger than most).
Yeah the text is tiny. Same problem I had with XCX. I play with my chair too close to the screen. I have a new pair of glasses or it'd be worse.