[Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

Rocket

Re: [Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

Post by Rocket » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:57 pm

There's a major legibility problem with games nowadays. Often the text is too small or it blends into the background. If it's a newly released game, some hype-filled jerk will tell you you need glasses.

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:06 pm

I've been playing Dragon Ball Fusions lately on 3DS. It's surprisingly good. There's no stereoscopic 3D which is a bummer, but everything else about the game is really high-quality. Very cool twist on the turn-based RPG formula!

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 am

Work has been an ass kicker already this week. I might treat myself to Samus Returns this weekend.

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:01 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 am
Work has been an ass kicker already this week. I might treat myself to Samus Returns this weekend.
I really want that game. Only holding off because I don't enjoy playing action games on 3DS. Even on the XL I find the buttons too small and close together for my large hands. I may have to just bite the bullet and go for it. Wish it was also on Wii U.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Robknoxious1 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:01 pm
BanjosBackpack wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 am
I really want that game. Only holding off because I don't enjoy playing action games on 3DS. Even on the XL I find the buttons too small and close together for my large hands. I may have to just bite the bullet and go for it. Wish it was also on Wii U.
The Wii U Game Pad had the best buttons. I'd love a Wii U Game Pad style shell for the Switch or maybe Joy-Con XL or something. Not made out of cardboard of course :P

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:13 am

I've been sucked into playing Batman: Arkham City on the remastered PS4 version. God I love that game.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Somehow I missed Arkham City! Even had it on the Wii U, never opened...

I've been playing Stardew Valley more and more on the Switch, and it has gotten better and better. I think I'm at the place late in Year 1 where it hits its stride, because everything is super fun and I keep doing the "I'll just play one more day..." thing that most great game suck you into.

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm

You need to play it. It is open world and has the same kind of impulsive do random things for the heck of it feel that Breath of the Wild has but you get the added bonus of being Batman.

Robknoxious1

Post by Robknoxious1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:06 pm

chrisbg99 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm
You need to play it. It is open world and has the same kind of impulsive do random things for the heck of it feel that Breath of the Wild has but you get the added bonus of being Batman.
Loved Arkham City. Played it on the Wii U. Started playing Arkham Knight and didn't like the batmobile combat and the game just didn't grab me. You did warn me about it Chris - I'd already bought it though.

Fortunately it was less than $20.

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:47 am

Yeah Arkham Knight while good was just too big, unfocused and for what it focused on, it focused too much on the batmobile sections.