[Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

BanjosBackpack

Re: [Games] "Hey NinTemple! Whatcha Playing?"

Post by BanjosBackpack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Grant, that game has a nice look to it. What would you say it reminds you of?

For me, everyone should just presume the answer is now Splatoon 2... Until Splatoon 3 anyway.

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 pm

I've played probably around 20 hours in the last 3 days. Not as much as I'd like but still a lot.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:18 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:26 pm
Grant, that game has a nice look to it. What would you say it reminds you of?
Oh, it's easily most similar to Ghosts 'n Goblins. It's a bit more fair, and thankfully there are infinite continues!

It also takes cues from other old-school arcade games...Shinobi comes to mind as well. But this game clearly takes most of its cues from Capcom's old action game series. :D

Artren

Post by Artren » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:58 am

Discovered that my childhood favourite MMO, Ragnarok Online, created a 'vanilla' server. The game is still alive in it's current... form but they made one with mostly just the base game in tact. Probably put like 15 hours into it last weekend.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Hoping to download Splatoon 2 this weekend and start the long, painful process of getting halfway decent at it! :)

(Problem is my chronic dizziness has returned, so I think that's going to make it extra challenging. No matter, I will persevere!)

On the trip to Maine my wife and I played a TON of Pokemon Go. It was a blast. The weekend bonus to pretty much everything was so helpful. Almost level 30 already!

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:35 am

Namco Museum on Switch is pretty awesome.

Check it out, y'all!

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:04 am

Okay, so I think I turned a (mini) corner with Splatoon 2. I almost grasped aspects of it, thanks to playing a bunch of single player (and messing with the controller settings). I actually had fun. And then I tried multiplayer and I actually had fun a little there too! It wasn't just me banging my head against the wall and wondering "why am I dying every two seconds?" but I started to see where the other team was and successfully squid-run away from them and get better ground to try and fight from there. Oh I still got splatted almost every time, but the fact that I can MOVE now, that is huge. I didn't grasp moving so much as a squid before. That's, like, THE GAME, isn't it? I think that's what I've been missing so much! I never really used squid mode, but really squid mode is like THE mode to be in, lol.

I can see good things on the horizon! Excited.

Artren

Post by Artren » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:45 am

Splat on movement and controls was really frustrating at first but after you get used to it and learn how to maneuver around its actually quite intuitive. I'm probably going to pick it up in the not to distant future.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Artren wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:45 am
Splat on movement and controls was really frustrating at first but after you get used to it and learn how to maneuver around its actually quite intuitive. I'm probably going to pick it up in the not to distant future.
Well said, and I now fully agree!

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:43 pm

OMG! It's internationally famous Twitch streamer, Artren! Thanks for stopping by, bud.

So, I haven't touched TMS#FE in a few weeks. Not for lack of interest, just because my puppy has not really allowed for sitting in front of the TV to play a game alone lately and that game has no off-TV option. I look forward to getting back to it though.

Still, my New 2DS XL (ooOOOOOooo!!) has finally allowed me to play handhelds again (my previous 3DS was having some major circle pad issues). I played a little FFE with Mop it up and Rocket on Sunday during the site chat and plan to do so again during tomorrow night's chat.

I've also cracked the seal on Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (means games 1 and 2) for 3DS. I'm really enjoying it!! The battle mechanic is a bit tough to wrap my head around -- so that hasn't gone terribly smoothly. But, the game is brilliantly made and I'm loving everything else about it!