The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)

goldenphoenix

Re: The Legend of Zelda (for Wii U and NX)

Post by goldenphoenix » Tue May 09, 2017 1:07 pm

JK Riki wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 12:56 pm
@goldenphoenix

Yeah, I agree. And I also
Spoiler:
thought the Beast Gannon was relatively easy, but actually I loved that about it. It was like your reward for beating the really difficult near-invincible form. It was almost an epilogue battle, where the tables had turned and now instead of Gannon it was you who was overpowered and souped up, ha ha.
That is a fair point, maybe that was their intent with it?
Sophia

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 am

I think so. It was too easy for it not to be intentional, yeah? I mean, clearly they KNOW how to challenge the player, given what you just went through, ha ha.

I'm super curious to know what the December DLC will be. Excited!

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Wed May 10, 2017 4:03 am

JK Riki wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 am
I think so. It was too easy for it not to be intentional, yeah? I mean, clearly they KNOW how to challenge the player, given what you just went through, ha ha.

I'm super curious to know what the December DLC will be. Excited!
I wonder if they'll reveal what the DLC will be about at E3 or at least tease it? I too am excited.

In regards to the overall game, as fantastic as it is, I think it is super exciting to see places where they could build upon it and make it even more amazing. That is why I hope they stick with the engine and focus on created a new game with it, that way we can get it sooner and two the engine still has a ton of potential.
Sophia

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm

I don't see much of a reason why they would start over with a whole new engine for the next one. Even if the game was dramatically different, it will probably come out on Switch (unless the Switch flops, or DLC takes the place of another true Zelda game for a while) so keeping the engine makes sense to me!

But who knows, I guess. I don't expect much Zelda-related at E3, because they have to hype Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey (or rip the band-aid off that Odyssey is pushed to next year, which would be my guess). What I'd really love to see is a hint/teaser for what the heck Retro Studios is up to. But that's wishful thinking, and a whole different thread, ha ha.

CM30

Post by CM30 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:20 am

Well, someone here felt he should try out that item cloning glitch that was discovered recently:

Pretty neat really. Never gonna need to replace the Hylian Shield now I've got 13 of them!

As for how I did the glitch... well there's a handy video about that here:

It's not too hard to pull off, just very bad for your health with all the shock arrows flung around.
The owner of both Gaming Reinvented and Wario Forums and currently working on a new Mario fan game as well.

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Mon May 15, 2017 12:15 am

I never had the need to replace it with just one...

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon May 15, 2017 2:20 pm

I didn't know that shield was in the game! Cool, I will look for it on my second playthrough next year. :)

BanjosBackpack

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)

Post by BanjosBackpack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:26 am

Is anyone still playing this game? How are things going?

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:01 am

Nope, I've completed it. I may jump back in when the second DLC pack hits, it'll depend on what it contains.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:03 am

Not the first? (I probably won't until pack 2 either to be honest… maybe just to download pack one anyway).