The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)

tofufury

Re: The Legend of Zelda (for Wii U and NX)

Post by tofufury » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:41 am

It took awhile for me to get into Breath of the Wild, but this game now has a firm hold on my gaming time. The sheer vastness of the overworld is overwhelming at times, and I feel like I have a hundred things I could do at every turn. Still, this is a fun world to explore, and I just want to spend my time seeing everything Nintendo has put in this game.
Check out my new novel The Seekers and the Hidden on amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Seekers-Hidden-C ... oks&sr=1-1

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:01 am

Well, I've got a maxed out stamina meter, 18 hearts, all the main 'dungeons' resolved, some key items retrieved, all my memories back… the last real thing to do is to finish this thing. But I am busy hunting missing shrines. I'm missing between 30-40 of them. Missing HUNDREDS of Korok seeds. Not sure if or how I can 100% that aspect of the game. Seems like it would become tedious incredibly fast.

Alas, I'm loving this game and after over 100 hours of gameplay.. I've gotten my money's worth. I can't believe how the time has flown by. It's been barely two weeks so I've put roughly 40 hour weeks into this thing aside from my normal 40 hour a week day job. YIKES!

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:01 am

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:01 am
Well, I've got a maxed out stamina meter, 18 hearts, all the main 'dungeons' resolved, some key items retrieved, all my memories back… the last real thing to do is to finish this thing. But I am busy hunting missing shrines. I'm missing between 30-40 of them. Missing HUNDREDS of Korok seeds. Not sure if or how I can 100% that aspect of the game. Seems like it would become tedious incredibly fast.

Alas, I'm loving this game and after over 100 hours of gameplay.. I've gotten my money's worth. I can't believe how the time has flown by. It's been barely two weeks so I've put roughly 40 hour weeks into this thing aside from my normal 40 hour a week day job. YIKES!
Yeah time flies when you play this game I was a bit shocked when I found out I put 50+ hrs in it a few days back lol.
Sophia

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 am

I keep on exploring and finding stuff but making no progress. It is frustratingly fun.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm

chrisbg99 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 am
I keep on exploring and finding stuff but making no progress. It is frustratingly fun.
Sort of minor spoiler, I came across a character who I volunteered to help and one of the response options was basically "I don't have anything better to do."

Lol, Hyrule can wait.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:21 am

Curious what others here think of horses in this game? I've found I seldom use a horse, it doesn't seem convenient most of the time especially since they need to be in your general area to be called. I spend most of my exploring in the air looking for things.
Sophia

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:12 am

Since you can climb over most anything given enough time and stamina it is often easier to climb and glide in a straight line rather than hope your horse can make it.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 am

I don't use a horse much either but I've found that I've done plenty of the side-quests revolving around them.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:45 pm

I almost only use my horse, Habakkuk. After getting him, I had a ton of trouble going back to non-horse life. The bit with the Zora road you can't take your horse on was torture for me. I'm not sure how you non-horse guys handle going so darn slow. Do you warp a lot? That might be it. I don't warp ever if possible, unless I'm returning home to cook or something.

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:17 am

Yeah, horses are too much of a pain to manage for me to use them outside of just messing around. Too many things they can't go over to explore with them.