NinTemple Site Banners

NinSage
Site Admin

Re: NinTemple Site Banners

Post by NinSage » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:13 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:32 am
Woo! A new banner! I wouldn't have thought to do this game. But yeah it comes out this month! Awesome!

I may cancel my special edition though. I just don't need to be buying extra stuff. The game is enough…..
Yea, it basically came down to this one (Sonic Mania), Culdecept Revolt, or Mario+Rabbids. I like to not use Mario stuff whenever possible because (A) I always use Mario around Holiday (Dec) and New Years (Jan) time when no new games release. And (B) I try to downplay the stereotype that Nintendo systems offer nothing besides first party/Mario games. =)

Let it be known that this new banner reflects more of a JK Riki/BBP-style (subject bursting out from the image window) than my traditional banner style (character positioned in front of the image window). I don't think I'll stick with one or the other going forward. Rather, it's nice to just have a few new styles to choose from.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Looks good! I had to refresh, still had Splatoon up there when I first popped in. :)

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Lovely Sonic Mania banner! It still hurts that this game isn't getting a physical release :(

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 pm

I still see the Splatoon 2 banner...?

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 am

Refresh Grant. You may need to do that or refresh cookies or something. The file is also still Splatoon for me on mobile but it has definitely been updated in the PC/Mac browser.

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:46 am

Yea, I should try to find a web trick to make it check for a new version of that file and load it if necessary. I know how to make images load every time REGARDLESS of cache, but that would be a terrible idea on a forum image. I bet that smarter solution is out there somewhere. But, it's a much lower priority than, say, making it possible for people to sign up for the dang forum!!! =,( *cries forever*

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Even after all these years, there's still something strange about seeing Sega characters headlining a Nintendo website. It reminds me of the early 2000s and how surreal it was to see the website link for Sonic's GameCube games, which was www.nintendo.com/sega.

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Mop it up wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:41 pm
Even after all these years, there's still something strange about seeing Sega characters headlining a Nintendo website. It reminds me of the early 2000s and how surreal it was to see the website link for Sonic's GameCube games, which was www.nintendo.com/sega.
lol! indeed!

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:56 pm

BanjosBackpack wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 am
Refresh Grant. You may need to do that or refresh cookies or something. The file is also still Splatoon for me on mobile but it has definitely been updated in the PC/Mac browser.
Got it, and it worked! :D Thanks much, good sir.

Sonic!

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:16 pm

It's new site banner day!

Nice Monster Hunter Stories banner NinSage :) I must play more of the demo.

Not going near that Clown College though!