I gots me a SNES Classic!

chrisbg99

I gots me a SNES Classic!

Post by chrisbg99 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:24 am

You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

JK Riki

Re: I gots me a SNES Classic!

Post by JK Riki » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Congrats! That's awesome, so happy for you! :D

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Sometimes being an insomniac pays off, as I was able to get in one of the Best Buy pre-orders. The Walmart incident has me worried that this is all a mistake as well, but we shall see.

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

I just decided to check Twitter while trying to sleep and caught it. So yay for sleeplessness.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:01 am

I completely missed the early Amazon/Best Buy stuff. And I was well prepared during work hours today. I had all the pages open. My password renewed on all of my accounts so I wouldn't forget one. I had my phone ready with alerts from various sources. I was ready.

Walmart went live and I jumped. I had it in my cart no problem. Then the cookies must of needed refreshing because I had to log in again. When I did, it was gone.

Then later Target went live. It has my CC info saved in that one so I was really close. Just had to hit the finish button. And I did. And it was gone. Then it glitches out for a long time and I kept trying.

Eventually Gamestop went live and I tried before that crashed and burned. Downloaded their mobile app which only showed the listings but wouldn't let you click on it. No dice.

Before this, whether I had input truly or not, I had warned Ploot and our buddy Dave about the Canada pre-orders. Dave's wife managed to nab him one. Paul (Ploot) nabbed one online for himself. They were set. My cousin walked into a Gamestop here and nabbed an in-store pre-order. The last one. He had his kid with him and was late for a doctor's appointment.

So I was still without anything. My fiancé wasn't near a Gamestop but I pondered having her stop by one on the way home. I called the nearest one. They had only five left and the clerk said things were going to go fast as they already had a ton of people in there for them. I couldn't drive there fast enough from work. By the time I hit the main road I'd be wasting my time. So would she have been to fight traffic and go out of her way. I told her not to worry about it.

Bummed I tried to work. Tried to focus. (kept refreshing) and tried to make progress on things that in the end really matter more.

Then Paul's son woke up from his nap. He was able to then leave and see if he could do an in-store pre-order via EB Games. He did. And it'll be mine to have. I'm quite thankful for my buddy Paul. What an endeavor. I tried so hard and so long like the rest of us. It was him who saved the day.

Now I can sleep with some solace. Man I hate and love Nintendo.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Congrats :)

But really this low supply situation I don't find to be much fun at all.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:02 pm

The thing is too, there could very well be a strong supply for the life of this thing. Constant restocks, etc. But we won't know. Based on just this one experience, the launch stock is small and the retailers botched the release. It's a fugly scenario.

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:19 am

There has to be something to do about scalpers. It is absurd what is going on.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 am

There are reports of bots being utilized to pre-order. I could see that.

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:31 am

Well apparently Amazon has forgotten when the system is released. I'm still getting it but I don't know when. It isn't a big deal I just want it.