Super Mario Odyssey Gush Thread (No Spoilers! That means you. Yeah you, you know who are!)

chrisbg99

Super Mario Odyssey Gush Thread (No Spoilers! That means you. Yeah you, you know who are!)

Post by chrisbg99 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:59 pm

In 2 and a half days the next greatest 3D Mario game will be unleashed upon the unsuspecting masses and we will be jumping on and possessing so many things that we won't know what to do with ourselves.

Everybody ready for this? If you aren't why not? Is your soul so empty that you won't buy Mario for fear that your empty, pathetic life will be filled with something good? Are you really so heartless? I hope you are happy with yourself. Monster.

Anyways, I figure this will be a great thread to gush like maniacs over Super Mario Odyssey. So when it released and when you get yours get on in here and start talking.

And of course: NO SPOILERS!!!

You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

JK Riki

Re: Super Mario Odyssey Gush Thread (No Spoilers! That means you. Yeah you, you know who are!)

Post by JK Riki » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:40 pm

I've been on media blackout for this and can't wait to crack it open when it comes in! I have to go check to see if I am supposed to pick it up at Best Buy or they are shipping it to me... Have had it pre-ordered since the day it went up for pre-order!

chrisbg99

Re: Super Mario Odyssey Gush Thread (No Spoilers! That means you. Yeah you, you know who are!)

Post by chrisbg99 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 pm

I have also have had it reordered since we were able to pre-order. Can't wait.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:54 pm

Been getting excellent review scores. Though there is an outlier, play!zine whom I have never heard of and can't access their site at the moment. They gave it a 7.5 and the conclusion summary on metacritic reads like a troll. They gave Odyssey a 7.5.
Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.
Sophia

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Snark and contempt like that is why more and more people don't give a toss about what game "journalists" think.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 pm

I just checked and it should be available for pickup at my local Best Buy tomorrow. Guess I know what I'll be doing after work!

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:13 am

My copy came in a day early! I'm turning it on in moments! WOOOOOO!!!!

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:25 am

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 am

Wish I could be playing but I'll have to wait until the evening at the earliest. I would go get it early but I have been struggling with a serious back injury that limits my ability to move.
Sophia

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Going to try to run to Best Buy over lunch. Of course, I'll still have to wait till later to play, but at least I can caress the small plastic box all afternoon.

@goldenphoenix Sorry to hear that! Back stuff sucks, because it makes every move difficult. :( I hope you're feeling better soon. (I've found ice helps a lot when dealing with pain, dunno if that's helpful to mention.)