Super Mario Odyssey Gush Thread (No Spoilers! That means you. Yeah you, you know who are!)

chrisbg99

Re: Super Mario Odyssey Gush Thread (No Spoilers! That means you. Yeah you, you know who are!)

Post by chrisbg99 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 pm

My copy came in around 2. Started playing immediately. Love it.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

JK Riki

Re: Super Mario Odyssey Gush Thread (No Spoilers! That means you. Yeah you, you know who are!)

Post by JK Riki » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:06 am

Went to fire up the Switch but then the 3rd game of the World Series started getting interesting! If only there was some way to play AND watch TV at the same time!

Someone should invent a console where that is possible.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:37 am

Bit the bullet and got the game on the eshop since Walmart was being ridiculous. Really enjoying it so far, the boss battles have been especially creative so far. Have to admit it took me awhile to get used to Mario's controls, particularly since they are more momentum based then previous games. I've done 3 worlds so far.
Sophia

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:51 pm

I've barely gotten past the title screen and already this is easily the best game released within the past ten years.

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 am

So I finished the Main Campaign, what a wonderful game, and a fantastic end battle (and a nice surprise at the end too). Still so much to do though, so much to explore!
Sophia

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:37 am

Finished the main campaign myself too. Then I spent so much time tonight playing past that. Nothing but ultimate joy to be had. What a day.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:46 am

Holy crap, how much time do you guys spend in front of the TV? Lol, I literally just opened the third world. :P

goldenphoenix

Post by goldenphoenix » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:34 am

JK Riki wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:46 am
Holy crap, how much time do you guys spend in front of the TV? Lol, I literally just opened the third world. :P
Well my back is out so I can't do much, not to mention the game wasn't overly long to finish the main campaign, maybe 8-10 hrs for me? Really though it depends on your play style, personally I like unlocking the worlds myself, and finishing the main campaign since I feel it relieves pressure so I can enjoy the exploration more, been like that since Mario 64 lol.
Sophia

chrisbg99

Post by chrisbg99 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:43 am

Just beat the game. Loved it. 580 Moons to go.
You cannot grasp the true form of this post! Sorry.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 am

JK Riki wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:46 am
Well considering I had the house to myself with Erika out of town... playing Mario and watching the entirety of Stranger Things Season 2 was pretty easy to be honest. Plus, don't forget, Switch is portable. On Sunday I was out with some family as they had errands to run. Played then too. Had a nice lunch with them.