Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

GameDadGrant

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Post by GameDadGrant » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 pm

So the Animal Crossing mobile game we've known was coming since...forever, it seems, has been officially unveiled. And coming pretty soon - end of November! Or, if you live in the "Land Down Under" then it is out RIGHT NOW. Wow.

It looks pretty cool to me. Much more involved than I anticipated. And far less money-grabby than I expected, too. Though who knows if that trend will continue in the future.

What are your thoughts on this upcoming app? Are you going to download it? How much time do you think you might sink into it? Any hopes/wishes for updates or additions later on?

My only hope is that it has some kind of connectivity with the inevitable Switch edition of Animal Crossing. Like, whatever I end up doing in the camp can somehow affect my town on Switch (whenever that happens).

Thoughts?

JK Riki

Re: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Post by JK Riki » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:45 am

Personally I really want my full-on Switch game more than anything else, though this is a fun little distraction I guess. I don't mind Nintendo's foray into Mobile Gaming, but so far none have scratched the itch that happens between real, full game releases.

I will definitely download it, since it's free, but I don't expect to put a ton of time into it because I already have one or two mobile games I play and honestly I don't WANT more mobile games to play, I want more Switch games that make me feel like I'm actually "gaming" rather than just messing around on my phone. Messing about on my phone, to me, isn't "gaming."

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:50 pm

I only like the multiplayer of Animal Crossing games.

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:09 am

Mop it up wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:50 pm
I only like the multiplayer of Animal Crossing games.
Like, the island mini-games?

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:01 pm

I think Mop it Up meant more like everyone living in the same town and visiting other towns. Or maybe the island stuff! But I dunno, I rarely hear people praise the island mini games, lol.

Mop it up

Post by Mop it up » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 pm

JK Riki wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:01 pm
I think Mop it Up meant more like everyone living in the same town and visiting other towns. Or maybe the island stuff! But I dunno, I rarely hear people praise the island mini games, lol.
Yup yup. AC is boring without other players in a village to be bored with. It'd be like hanging out at a restaurant by oneself.

And those island minigames were easily the best thing about New Leaf. Wish I remembered to snap more pics.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 am

The flower bed filling one was my favourite. I have a pic on my Animal Crossing Tumblr:

http://rocketcrossing-blog.tumblr.com/

Some other screenshot memories there from summer 2013.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am

Finally coming on Nov 22nd in the USA! Woo!

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Nice! Looking forward to giving it a whirl. Thanks for the heads up. :)

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 am

I hope I can find all my favorites in there. I miss Sydney!