NinTemple Forum ... Closing For Good?!!? :-(

NinSage
Site Admin

NinTemple Forum ... Closing For Good?!!? :-(

Post by NinSage » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:14 am

Hi gang. Sad but true.

Renewal day is coming up in May sometime. I plan to keep the domain name but not the hosting. I am doing this for several reasons...

1. The hosting is far, far more expensive than the domain name itself.
2. While the cost of web hosting went way, way up last year, my attempts at fund-raising via that Donate button did not exactly succeed. Granted, I never pestered people to donate and, I don't blame anyone for not donating. But, the reality is someone still needs to pay that cost and I think it is too steep.
3. The Discord channel has been working very well as a means of topic discussion. So, the forum has become slightly redundant anyway.

I plan to keep the NinTemple.com domain and point it to some free hosting like I did way back in the early days of the site. The content that will be hosted there will be similar to what's on the non-forum parts of the current site. In other words: not much. =) I'll probably also play up the Twitter part and tell people that if they want to become part of the Discord they can DM me on Twitter and I can get to know them first before inviting them to our party.

OK, gang. I think that's it. Any questions? Comments? Concerns?

It might seem like bad news, but, I don't think anyone will miss it after a little while -- and I'll save some much-needed cash ;-)

Thanks for being part of our community and please continue to do so in the future!!!!!!!!

goldenphoenix

Re: NinTemple Forum ... Closing For Good?!!? :-(

Post by goldenphoenix » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:25 pm

I'll miss the forums, though I understand that is a tough thing to keep going financially, wish there was some other solution.
Sophia

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:15 am

Hey NinSage thanks for keeping the forum going. You've been really kind to do this all these years and yeah I can't expect you to keep something going that's so expensive.

I hope Discord and Twitter work out for us.

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 am

Well, I won't lie and say I'm not super sad about it, but I understand the decision. It's been a great place (one of only three I visit, honestly, so it will feel like an extra big hit for me) and I thank you greatly for hosting it for so long!

I have tried to get involved in Discord, but I just don't like it. So I'm afraid this will be adieu! Hope to chat with folks on Twitter from time to time, though. Until the day I finally can't take that place anymore, I'll be around there often. :) (EDIT: NinSage convinced me to at least come over to Discord for now! So alright, for the time being I will use Discord just for y'all because y'all are so cool.)

EDIT: If there's ever any thoughts on continuing via some free off-site hosted forum like this one or something, let me know and I will be there signing up in a heartbeat! Loved NinTemple and the community.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:18 pm

So when is the last day for the old bird?

NinSage
Site Admin

Post by NinSage » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Looks like May 10th, 2018

GameDadGrant

Post by GameDadGrant » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:38 pm

R.I.P. Nintemple. I barely knew thee.

Pretty sure you are all still welcome at Negativeworld.org anytime.

tofufury

Post by tofufury » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:18 am

I'm sad to see the forums go, but I totally understand the financial burden it puts on you. Thank you for keeping it up all these years, it's brought me many hours of joy.
Check out my new novel The Seekers and the Hidden on amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Seekers-Hidden-C ... oks&sr=1-1

JK Riki

Post by JK Riki » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Maybe before it all goes away make it super easy to join the Discord? I mean, it's mostly just us long-term folks around here now.

BanjosBackpack

Post by BanjosBackpack » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 am

Joe can post a link to the Discord if he wants to. Shouldn't be hard.